Tuesday, October 21, 2008

day 5

Day 5: Saturday

Today we got up and walked up to Macey’s. That’s the biggest store in the world! And I’m not even making that up! It said so on the outside. It was two whole blocks long and couldn’t even fit inside only one store! It was a Macey’s bigger than the valley mall! IN-SANE. I found some cute stuff! One thing I bought was a dress that makes me look like Miss Honey*. Pretty darn awesome if you ask me. I spent a lot of the day helping mom pick out things to try on and hanging up everything so she didn’t have to. You all know how stinkin TALL mom is, so picking out clothes is kind of hard most of the time. She tried on some really pretty things that made her look great, but they were just too short. I think she was pretty sad, which made ME sad. I wanted her to be able to buy stuff that made her feel fantastic. But she has a better attitude than I would in her situation. She’s my hero. We spent almost the whole day there, then came back to the hotel for a few hours because we were pretty tired, and I got caught up on my “blogging”**. We weren’t super hungry, so we went across the street to TGI Friday’s for dinner. The food wasn’t great, but after 2 days of Ray’s pizza (albeit delicious pizza), that salad tasted pretty good. I was craving some chlorophyll. And now we’re back in the hotel room, pretty much winding down. We went and looked at times square from up above, which was pretty neat. I thought the streets were pretty crowded when we first got here, but that was nothing compared to today. Today was insanity. Which brings me back to our winding down- it’s pretty early (10:00) but we’ve been going pretty nonstop since Tuesday morning but sleeping until about 9:30 (well, I’VE been sleeping that late…) but tomorrow morning we’re going to BE at the Museum of Natural History right when it opens, so getting up early is on the agenda for tomorrow. And that’s the end for tonight. Buenas noches!

 

Footnotes:

*Miss Honey (for those of you who haven’t seen the movie Matilda) is Matilda’s teacher. To try and paint a picture of her, she’s a kindergarten teacher who lives in a cottage covered with flowers in the middle of the woods. Kind of granola, but my dress is really cute =]

 

**I thought I would have wireless internet in my hotel room and would be able to blog about my trip every day, but that was not the case. Then I thought I’d just write about it (journal like) every day and post it once I came home (which I’m doing now) but I missed the first couple days. But now I’m all caught up and hopefully will remain so.

 

 

No comments: