Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 2

DAY 2: Wednesday

Well today we slept in because we had gone to bed so late, and then when we got up we just took our time getting ready and stuff. So we were finally ready to go at about 10:30-11 ish and went right across the street to this diner called Joey’s for breakfast. Except for the fact that they weren’t serving breakfast anymore so we ate lunch. FYI, at Joey’s they don’t give you chips while you’re waiting for your food. They don’t give you bread either. They give you PICKLES. Yep. Big fatty ones. Well then after that we went SHOPPING! Right up the street is the fashion district! We saw Parsons School of Design, which is where they film all of Project Runway, which is one of my and mom’s favorite shows =] But there was some pretty good shopping! One of my favorite stores that we went to all week was H&M and I really liked it. Then later we went to the top of the empire state building, which was amazing! You can see all of the world from up there, I think. It was way wicked awesome. But then that night we went back to the hotel and got ready for the play. WICKED was on the agenda for the night!! AH! Our seats were CC so we figured that was the third row-but no-SECOND ROW SEATS! To WICKED. On BROADWAY! Yeah and it was better than I could have ever imagined! One not so great thing though- about five minutes into the play there was kind of shouting on stage, but there was something that didn’t sound quite right, and after about 20 seconds, we realized it was shouting, but not coming from the stage. Back towards the back of the first section there was this lady screaming and I her husband was having a heart attack. So it took the people onstage a minute to realize what was happening, but they stopped eventually and put the curtain down while the few doctors in the audience made sure the guy was alive and as comfortable as they could make him while someone ELSE called an ambulance. It was a pretty scary experience and made the atmosphere VERY intense. The guy sitting behind us was one of the doctors that were making sure the guy was stable and told us that he (the man who’d had the heart attack) had come all the way from Australia! What a great thing to happen on a trip to NYC, right? Yeah but they got the play going again and, like I said, it was F A N T A S T I C ! ! Just better than anything I had ever imagined just listening to the music. One thing about Broadway that I didn’t expect was…well, what I thought broadway was, was one big theater that they rotated plays on. I didn’t realize that there are a LOT of theaters all over and each one specializes in one play for a while. Another thing I thought was that the theater would be HUGE but they were all about less than half the size of the  Spokane Opera House. On the way home we went to the hershey’s store, where I was extremely tempted by a 10 pound bar of chocolate, but somehow was able to resist. And from then on it was back to the hotel and on to sleep! The End of day two

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hailee! I cannot even begin to explain how jealous I am of you! its sounds like you are having such a blast!! Love ya cuz!