Saturday, November 20, 2010

thankful #13

I'm grateful that my Father in Heaven can see how things will effect me in an eternal perspective and guides my life accordingly. 

Specifically...I don't know how to word it, but the lyrics from two songs will help.

First, Hilary Weeks' song Unwritten

For the roads I never traveled,
for the pain I never knew,
for the places that you kept me from--
Father I thank you.

For the days that were not wasted
for the years not spent in vain--
I'm grateful for the stories that remain unwritten.

And second, Michael McLean's He Gives Me What I Need:

All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of,
everything I hoped, and all the things I prayed for
couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given--
I've been given what I need.

A mansion on a hill,
or love like in the movies,
perfect little dreams where no one has a problem.
Instead of all the things I thought I really wanted,
I've been given what I need

No comments: