Thursday, July 8, 2010

today and the rest of the week

I have SO much homework to do tonight! Which is why I'm blogging. It's what I do instead of homework :)
Tomorrow is the final dress rehearsal for show choir before the big show on saturday.
My schedule tomorrow will go something like this:
12am-2am: homework
2am-7am: sleep. or watch scrubs. ok, sleep. probably.
7am: more homework
9.30am: walk to upper valley industries
10am: volunteer. crafts probably.
11am: walk somewhere. home or campus.
12.45pm-3pm: class
3pm-5pm: somewhere, somehow, find costumes for show choir. get ready for dress rehearsal
5pm-10pm or later: dance and sing
after that: die

yeah, that's going to be a bushel of fun!

HOWEVER
Today was fantastic

For one of my classes I have to volunteer at Upper Valley Industries (UVI), which is a center in town for mentally and physically disabled people.
It was AMAZING.
Truly one of the highlights of my semester.
I would go into detail but I know it wouldn't be as special to my dear readers as it was to me.
I'll just say that it was great for a few reasons:
1) it was an amazing confirmation to me that i've chosen the right career path and that i'll be doing what i love
2) how can you not be on the biggest high from an afternoon of giving service? Especially spending that time with autistic and down syndrome people, who, in my opinion, are some of the very sweetest people in this entire world :)
There are more reasons, but I'll leave it at that. I have to get back to homework.

But I'm excited to go back tomorrow morning


No comments: