Friday, June 4, 2010

MAJOR CHANGE!

I'm really excited that I have something new to blog about :)


I CHANGED MY MAJOR!
(haha, get it? Major change? I changed my major? yeah :)

I'm still going to be an occupational therapist but instead of Early Childhood Ed/Early Childhood Special Ed (ECE/ECSE), my major is now
CHILD DEVELOPMENT.

I'm excited about this for a few different reasons:

1. I don't have to student teach anymore!

2. I don't have to worry about lesson plans

3. No more student teaching

4. My ECSE major was a double major with no room for a minor. With a CD major I had the option to either do a minor or two clusters, which are like mini majors. The clusters I have chosen are
1. Photography!!! :)
2. Sociology!
I'm SO SO SO excited for both of those!

5. I DO NOT EVER HAVE TO STUDENT TEACH!

The only downside to this is that I'm a little bit behind in the program, but I think if I take 18 credits most semesters or consider changing to fast grad (going to school all three semesters instead of just two at a time) I can be done in a timely manner.
I'm so excited about this change! It will be a better degree when I eventually apply for grad school and it just feels so right!

THE END

2 comments:

Brian | Juliana said...

Way to go Hailey! I just wish one of your clusters was geology. Are you at school this summer (you can answer on fb if you want)? We miss you!

Unknown said...

wahooooo thats got to feel so good! Yay!
Love you!