Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blinkers

Ever since I was little, when I was stopped at any kind of intersection with the blinker on, I would look around and see if any of the cars around me had their blinkers match each other or mine.

Last week on the way home from work I was in the middle of the intersection waiting for a break in cars so I could turn left. Out of habit I started to look around. To my right: no go. Behind me: Negative, Ghostrider. Across from me: What? YES! THERE! Lo and behold was a truck with a blinker going the exact same pace as mine. Now, I'd had false positives before. You know what I'm talking about, where they look like they're going the same for a few seconds, but in reality one is always faster than the other? But NO! This was the REAL DEAL! Unfortunately, achieving my life-long dream put me into such a state of shock that I didn't bother to look what make and model the car was. All I know is that it was an older truck (mid 90's, probably) and white.

But the point is...now when I'm at intersections, I don't know what to do with my life Continue the search? It was a short lived victory, to say the least.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

I have totally done this.

Glad I'm not the only one.