Saturday, November 14, 2009

Photography makes me happy

The weekend before General Conference, mom and Phil and I took a Sunday drive up Logan Canyon to look at the fall colors. We had planned to go back early the next sunday morning because the colors would have deepened and there would have been some great morning shots that, when we were there, were in the shade. Unfortunately, that Sunday morning it rained and quickly after that, the colors were gone and everything was brown.
But while we were driving and I was taking pictures, I was so happy. The happiest I've felt in a really long time. I know I have a natural talent for picture taking. With training and experience, I know I could be really good! But something holds me back. If I thought it was practical, I would change my major to photography. But I love working with disabled kids and have this hunger to help people that I don't think photography would fill. But I'm going to teach myself and maybe one day I'll be as good as my favorite photographer right now, Rebekah Westover (here's her blog (which I like best) and here's her website (which
is also fantastic))
Anyway, here are some of my favorites that I took.








No comments: