Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gondwanaland, Pangaea, etc.

At work we have a big map of the world on one of the walls and as I was a-lookin' at it yesterday, I was thinking about how cool it was that it all used to be one land mass. And then I had a thought that was something like: I wonder who the first person to look at the world and think "hey, these look like they'd fit together like a puzzle" was, and how they felt?
Because, come on, that would be pretty stinking exciting. I picture him sitting at his desk, having the thought, letting it sink in for a second, and giddily calling a co-scientist over to see if his new theory was plausible. And then they start jumping up and down and calling all of their other co-workers over to share in their new found discovery.

Well, however it happened, it must have pretty cool

No comments: