Tuesday, January 24, 2012

preschool

Today I taught preschool as the lead teacher for the first time! Let me tell you, boys and girls, it was scary but one of the most fun things I've ever done! I loved it! 
I got about two hours of sleep last night (punctuated by preschool-teaching nightmares--yikes!)
I feel (and look) like I've been living in the dumpster behind Craigo's for a week and a half. (and I was thus spotted by an ex-boyfriend--the horror!).
But I am so happy!

First of all, because L. Tom Perry was the devotional speaker here in Rexburg today. That was neat. 

Second of all, because I get the opportunity to work one-on-one with a little boy here in town who maybe has some sensory issues and needs a little bit of extra love!!!
I've been so bummed that we don't have any special needs kids in our preschool class, and this boy has not been specified as having any special needs, but this just makes my heart so happy! 
Ever since I worked in the special needs classroom at Mount Logan Middle School (fall 2010), I've been aching for some similar kids to work with!
I love this kind of work.

I think my favorite part of preschool is, any time we leave the classroom, we have to hold the children's hands until we get to our destination.
That is my favorite part!
I guess it may seem weird to most people, but I love the feeling of those pudgy little baby hands in mine.
It's definitely the best :)

No comments: