Thursday, January 12, 2012

From the Heart

This semester I tried out and made it into a choir called "From the Heart." It's a choir run by and made up of students from here at BYU-I. They sing at firesides on campus and travel around at the end of the semester for a weekend and go on tour somewhere in or close-ish to Idaho. 

Tonight was our first rehearsal and, though we did mostly introductory things and only sang for about twenty minutes, my heart is just so full. I don't even think I have the words to explain it right now, I'll try to explain later maybe :) For now, just listen to this song we're going to sing. It's called "Here is Hope"
Guys. I want this solo.





Another song that I think is going to be my favorite is called "Jesus, My Savior." The last few lines are,
All of my life, yea, all of my days,
still not enough to sing thy praise.

This pretty much sums up my feelings as of late. 
I've missed being in a real choir, it's been far too long. And one like this, where our main goal is to invite the spirit...I'm just so grateful and so excited.

No comments: