Friday, March 9, 2012

questions/answers

So there's this blog I read written by the cutest girl on the planet, Lauren.
Sometimes I've been heard to say, "Oh, I read on my friend's blog the other day..." totally in reference to Lauren, whom I've never met.
Not creepy at all, right?
Nope, nope not at all!
But anyway. 
She asked these questions on her blog and so I thought I'd answer them on my blog :)

[1] What is your favorite book in the whole world? And if you don't read books (sad), what is your favorite magazine?
I love to read. Love love LOVE books! My all-time favorite book, though, is Ella Enchanted. 
I remember once when I finished the last page, then flipped to the front and immediately started it again. I've owned three copies because the first two got worn out from reading them so much!
I don't think I've read it since being in college though, it's definitely time!

[2] What is your favorite color to paint on your nails?
I reeeeeeaaaaaally dislike painting my nails because if they get one little chip in them then I pick at all the rest of them. BUT. This summer I bought a nice neutral purpley-gray color called "Chinchilly" by Essie that I love love love!!
 I like to keep my toes painted though, so they're usually some shade of pink :)

[3] If you were on death row (hope none of you ever will be) what would you request as your last meal?
Haha funnily enough, I was thinking about this the other day. Well, not a "last meal" thing, but like a "if I only had x-amount of time to live, what would I eat," because I think about these things. In either scenario, it would be non-gluten-free things. I never appreciated the texture that gluten gives to things until I was diagnosed with celiac disease, but I guess that's how life is. 
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. 
I would eat two things. First, the double bacon cheeseburger from Zips (a fastfood chain of diner food in the Inland Northwest) that is so greasy and delicious, I would probably die from deliciousness before they kill me. Second would be my mom's homemade rolls. 
Because seriously you guys, Mommy makes the very best rolls on the planet. Say otherwise and I will literally fight you. 
Oh, and I would have a steak from Wolf Lodge, a steak house in Coeur d'Alene. 
And a throwback Mt. Dew to wash it all down!

[4] Who would you volunteer for if someone you loved was selected for the Hunger Games?
My little brothers and my nieces are who immediately come to mind, though none of them are old enough to be entered into the reaping. But of course I would volunteer for them, without a second thought. 

[5] Describe your first crush and whether it was unrequited or not.
Oh gosh. Jacob Burgess. He kissed me in kindergarten on the circle rug and I was smitten for the next seven years, even after I moved across state lines from Spocompton to Coeur d'Alene when I was 10.
 I remember the valentine's day of 4th grade. He made me a pot and painted it blue (my then-favorite color) with yellow flowers and brought that over with a little heart box of chocolates. That right there is puppy love y'all.
 I was seriously still so in love with him, even after I'd lived in CDA for a few years. I must have been about 12 by the time it faded. 
 I think when I was like 15 or 16 I saw him at a stake dance in Spokane...that was fun.  
He's married now! 
And I'm an old BYU-I spinster ;)

No comments: