Thursday, September 22, 2011

down for the count

A few months ago, I posted about how life essentially punched me in the face.

Literally (and yes, I mean that in the truest sense of the word) yesterday, I finally got to the point where I felt like everything was on track and I was so so exited about the road I was on and the places I was going.

I went to an open house by the U (my grad school of choice) and was practically jumping around, I was so happy about starting grad school soon, albeit behind schedule.

And then, a few short hours ago, life punched me in the face.
Again.

It's pretty much the same thing as last time, more prerequisites to take. But this time...it's just too much.

I don't think I can get up from this one.
I keep breaking out in tears and I just want to quit functioning for a few days.
But I can't, because half the things in my anatomy & physiology class are over my head, I've got to fulfill my calling, and I have tests and papers and assignments piling up higher every day.

And what kills me about it, is that I have noble goals. I want to be an OT so that I can help people who are in some of the scariest situations of their lives. I want to work with kids with special needs to improve their quality of life!
So why can't I get a break?

2 comments:

Brian | Juliana said...

I'm so sorry Hailee. You will be an amazing OT, no matter what it takes to get there... I'm sure of it. Much love, -Brian & Juli

Brian | Juliana said...

A lot of schools allow you to make up a few deficiencies when you start your graduate degree (like the summer before if you want to start in the fall). You should check with the U to see what they can do to help.