Thursday, June 30, 2011

plan B

I'm a planner. 
I've killed about a billion and a half trees (give or take) this semester alone writing out grad scenarios, to-do lists, pro/con lists...things like that. 

So plan A for me is graduating BYU-I fall 2012 and then going to grad school at (fingers crossed) the University of Utah. 

however

I've recently decided on a plan B that actually seems a lot more appealing than my plan A. Probably because I've already been in school for (what seems like) forever and I still have (what seems like) forever left.

I digress.

Here's my plan B:
I want to move into a cute little farmhouse cottage-like place. Preferably close to or in the middle of the woods. 
I want at least half an acre for a food garden. Flowers I will plant everywhere else.
I want a little barn. Inside it will be one milk cow and some chickens.
I want bees, which I will keep a little way away from the barn.*

I want to be barefoot all the time and take pictures of my farm that are good enough to sell and everyone will want to buy.

I realize this makes me sound like a total hippy, but I don't care. 
It's what I want!

*There was a one day long, non credited "beekeeping for beginners" class that was offered here this spring. I didn't get it because I didn't understand how the system worked. I know the system now. I'm totally crossing my fingers that they offer it again in the fall! If they do, I'm SO all over that!

ps: two days is a really long time. Six months is a whole heck of a lot longer :\

1 comment:

goodies said...

I love you girl, your the best.