Wednesday, January 12, 2011

a sad realization

I think somewhere in my first year of college, I learned in a class, "the more you learn, the more you are aware of what you don't know" or something to that effect.

The more I learn about photography, the more I realize...I am not even half as good as I used to think I was.
I KNOW "that just means you have room to improve"
but sometimes when I'm looking at pictures that are so beautiful they make my heart hurt (like my latest find, pictures by Devin Graham)
I feel like I will never be that good.

I made the resolution that I would take ten pictures a day--but in Rexburg in the winter, you just run out of things to take pictures of REALLY FAST
A tree with snow
a train with snow
a car with snow
the temple with snow
snow
snow
snow

that pretty much covers it.
I want it to be spring
and warm
and green.

I'm tired of Rexburg
and snow
and being inside all the time

Photobucket

the last thing in Rexburg that is even remotely visually interesting

1 comment:

My side. said...

I mean you can take pics of me Mcguinty, or we can ask Asurette if we can take pictures of her. I'm pretty sure no one has seen her before ;)