Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rebekah Westover

Not the subject of my blog :
I've wanted to write this particular blog for a while, but have been afraid that I'm going to come off whiney and pathetic. So I just want to say from the beginning, that's not my purpose.

Subject:
I've never been one to think and plan ahead about wedding details. But this last semester, having two roommates and my best friend planning weddings all for the same day, I was almost constantly up to my eyeballs in wedding details and, consequentially, thought more about MY wedding.

Even after all that, I still don't have my dress picked out or know what my colors are going to be.

There's actually only one thing I know for sure I want, and that is my photographer: Rebekah Westover. She's amazing. She's fantastic. As such, she's also very expensive.
(I would have liked to post pictures so you, too, could bask in the glory of her awesomeness, but I didn't have permission, so I didn't)

I gave you the links to my two favorite weddings that she did.
These literally make my heart ache because they are so beautiful.

aka my favorite wedding EVER. Look. At. It.

I started having heart palpitations the first time I looked through their bridals. For real.

So the part that might come off whiney is this: 
I NEED Rebekah Westover to photograph my wedding.
It is the only thing I care about in life.
{Ok, not really, but I hope now you understand how much I want for this to happen}

I don't know if the magic lies in the fact that she is just a wizard with a camera and she makes everyone she shoots look like a movie star slash super model (probable), or that the only people who can afford her are that elite group of beautiful rich people who I aspire to be a part of but in reality...probably never will. I think it's a combination of the two. 

I don't need a poolside wedding with a Bentley to drive away in.
I don't need all my groomsmen to be in impeccably tailored Ann Taylor suits.

But I DO need Rebekah Westover to photograph my wedding. 
I just want it to happen.

4 comments:

My side. said...

haha i just love you. :)

Brooklyn said...

I love how you wrote about this yet the picture at the top of your blog if by Whitney. ;)

Hailee said...

Whitney is also fantastic. She is seriously a very close second pick. Not just because she's a great photographer, but because she's just so sweet and fun :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Love her work as well!