Monday, October 11, 2010

photography

I wish I could articulate how much I want to be a GREAT photographer. Lately I'm completely inspired by photographers I love, such as Rebekah Westover, Ryan Muirhead, and Chris Porsz. Their skillz are great.

In an effort to be better, I've been trying to shoot with film rather than digital.
Holy COW, ladies and gentlemen, it is one of the scariest things I've ever done! I never realized how much of a security blanket my digital cameras are.

I've also come to realize that this is why there's such a boom in the photography bidness lately, because it's so much easier to take a good picture when you can take a billion and only use three that you can edit in a snap (digital) as opposed to taking two dozen at a time, spending ten dollars to get them developed, and finding that only one or two actually turned out (film).

However, the ones that DO turn out...it's a great sense of accomplishment!

So today I developed my first roll of film.

Oh man. Most stunk, like this one:

Photobucket



But the ones that did turn out, though they were only ok, as opposed to being great...it's a start. The fact that they're in focus is enough for me, for now. Since my shutter speed was too slow most of the time, this was actually a greater accomplishment than you'd think. Or maybe not. Anyway...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket






And though it's going to take a lot of effort to get to where I'd like to be, I'm excited for the journey!


Here are some of my favorite digital shots I've taken lately :)

Lexi

Walk1

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hailee you really are so good at photography- you have an eye for it!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Well I like your stuff, great images!

Unknown said...

your photos are beautiful!!

Haylee said...

For what it's worth, I think your photography is amazing! I especially love the coca cola door.