Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Guess What?

I AM GOING TO RUSSIA~
THAT'S RIGHT! I put in the last part of my application soon after I got here and I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED! I'm leaving the 23rd of August and I'll be back the 19th of December. I won't know if I'm going to Moscow or St. Petersburg until I turn in my visa application, which I can't get until I do some passport things...there's a lot of paperwork I have to do before I'm ready to go, I hope I can get it done in time! But I'll be teaching half the day and then get the second half to go explore! I'm hoping I get to go to Moscow. On the weekends and holidays I have the option to travel to the Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, and Sweden. I'm so excited/nervous/scared/stressed out! But mostly excited. I've done a LOT of research and have big lists of places I want to go in every country. Mostly historic and religious landmarks...the Hill of Crosses in Lithuania, Alexander palace in St. Petersburg, the ruins of Tartu in Estonia, the Kremlin in Moscow, St. Basil's church, Lenin's tomb...and that's just the tip of the iceberg. This is going to be the best adventure of my life so far!

I AM SO SO SO EXCITED!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way cool!!!! You will have a blast!!!!

Trudy Dodd said...

You are going to have so much fun!!!

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

Freakin awesome! How fun Hailee!!! It will be an exciting adventure. So happy for you!