Thursday, March 11, 2010

Changes

Mom came up to Rexburg today to take me to my doctor's appointment in Idaho Falls.
I can't go to Russia anymore :'(
Apparently, celiac disease is a lot more serious than any of us have been giving it credit for. I was chastised for cheating as much as I do, and counseled that if I couldn't eat 100% gluten free in Russia, that it probably wouldn't be safe for me to go.
I'm pretty sad about it, but I think I'm handling it alright. Mom and I talked about it a lot on the way back from IF and I decided that the best way to not be sad about it is to find something else to take its place that I can be excited about.
SO
Instead of doing my homework, I have come up with a list of things that I could do instead. I may even do more than one. Who knows?
  • intern for Disney
  • be a nanny (Utah, California, New York, Las Vegas...Europe?)
  • change majors
  • change schools
These are all things I have been thinking about for a while but haven't actively pursued them. There are people I need to talk to (bishop, an academic advisor, the Lord...) but it's time for me to find out what I'm supposed to be doing with my life.

4 comments:

Brian | Juliana said...

What about foreign exchange? Maybe you could go to a place where they haven't discovered gluten yet? Just a thought.

erin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you won't be able to go to Russia. That's seriously a bummer. But I'm sure you'll be able to find something else amazing to do instead! Sometimes, the Lord has a funny way of making everything work out for the best. :)

Shelley said...

Good job, Hailee! I am sure there are many fabulous and amazing adventures you could find that all involve keeping you healthy. We love you in Logan!!

My side. said...

dflkdgjldfhdflkjh HIIIIIII BEAUTIFUL! switch schools. if you stay with me ill make sure to talk in my sleep all the time!