Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In the Mirror

I can't sleep. It's a disease I've recently acquired. Technically I just finished the homework I've been working on for the past 11 hours...gotta love those midterms:) Anyways, last night I couldn't sleep either and wrote down some...feelings. I'm wide awake now so here goes. PS: I realize the rhymes are pretty cheesey. I could make them more eloquent and refined, and maybe one day I will. But for now this is it's original, raw form.

In the mirror I thought I could see
What the world expected me to be.
But the mirror shows a disappointment to the world,
So much on the shoulders of one ordinary girl.
Not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, or strong,
Becoming bruised and broken as the world drags me along.

But now you'll be happy to hear it's true
I'm starting to see what I couldn't see in myself
through you.
I reach to you through the darkness that covers my eyes,
You hold me tight and dispel the dark, the fear, the lies.
I can't believe my eyes, I'm beginning to see
A beautiful girl in the mirror before me.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

You may think the rhymes are cheesy; I disagree. I love them.

I love *you*!